Skip to content
- Hi, for those of you who don't know me yet, my name is Xavier DeRoos and I started Renuable a few years ago as my mission to make an impact.
- I have been obsessed with aspects of understanding, creating, and maintaining ecosystems for over 15 years, with many of those years of experience in different aquatic ecosystems, which helped me to understand “closed-loop” systems, methods of creating, repairing, and maintaining a strong ecosystem, and how to start from the foundation up to provide biodiversity and stability in ecosystems that can maintain health through uncertain futures.
- As it became apparent that governments were not going to undertake the task of reforesting and conserving forest lands around the world, and that the issues of global warming, plastic pollution, and inefficient shipping methods devastating global ecosystems would be allowed to continue in the name of global trade and nearsighted capitalism, I started to look for a way to make an impact.
- I found bamboo to be a highly underutilized natural tool on my quest for solutions to sequester carbon dioxide, replace plastic products, reduce soil erosion and water runoff, encourage soil stability and fertility, naturally and directly cool the land its growing on, and encourage local industry. It turns out bamboo is used globally, but not produced or manufactured in significant numbers outside of China, and to a lesser extent, India.
- After becoming slightly obsessed with bamboo, aquaponics, land restoration, renewable energy, and responsible resource management, I joined the American Bamboo Society, took over the livestock health and system design responsibilities of a local nonprofit aquaponics educational farm, and enrolled in Oregon State University’s Permaculture Design Certificate course to better understand the techniques and connections between the natural world, modern and ancient science, and historical agricultural wisdom.
- By combining the principles of permaculture, agriculture, and industry, Renüable will help lead the way to a greener future based on eco-efficiency, common sense, science, transparency, and community building.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection