Renüable Community Composting Program
Local compost pickup for a convenient, eco-friendly alternative to landfills.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, it is estimated that more food waste is sent to landfill than any other material. (source: The EPA's MSW Fact Sheet 2012).
...That is a lot of uneaten food, and the worst part is that the wasted food itself is not the end of the problem!
Composting Fights Climate Change.
Really...Food waste emits a gas called Methane, which is approximately 84 times stronger during its first two decades than carbon dioxide (CO2) as a Green House Gas (GHG), meaning it insulates the planet and contributes to global warming, rather dramatically. (source: Environmental Defense Fund: Methane: the other important greenhouse gas)
No Pests & No Odor
Another major drawback to throwing food waste in a typical trashcan is that it stinks and can attract pests (like cockroaches, ants, and larger animals). We supply you with an air-tight bucket and lid and compostable liners for clean food waste management system.
Composting = $avings
By adopting the Community Composting Program at home, you can reduce the need to take your trash out by up to 50% which means less plastic trash bags, and the convenience of making half of the trips to the dumpster!
Some restaurants have reported more than 75% savings from their traditional waste management costs! And consider the value of being able to show your customers that your business is taking real, actionable steps to become more sustainable and environmentally conscious!
Support Local Agricultural Projects
We have teamed up with Together We Stand, a South Florida non-profit organization that promotes practical sustainable education in order to maximize the impact of the program. We are able to donate some of our community compost directly to their local farm in Hollywood, Florida where they are able to turn it into fresh organic produce for their volunteers.
How It Works
- We supply a Community Compost bucket and airtight lid, along with strong compostable bags for mess-free handling.
- Fill the bucket with your unwanted food scraps, leftovers, used paper towels, or other compostable goodies, it doesn’t even matter if it’s cooked, raw, wet or dry. (Click here for a list of accepted compostable items to include in bucket);
- On your pickup day, you’ll leave the bucket somewhere we can access it, and we will replace your full bucket with an empty one so you never get overloaded. (don’t worry, we even send a text reminder the night before and there’s no need for you to be home for pickups).
- Every six months, Renüable delivers 20 pounds of our nutritious and organic compost back to you, to help make your plants as happy and healthy as they should be. If you don't have a use for your compost, you can simply donate it to a verified local agricultural project.
- The unwanted food you compost helps to grow healthy and nutrient-dense local produce that can make its way back into your kitchen, and the cycle continues!